September 21-24, 2013
Course Minimum: 10 attendees
Designed to cover clinical sleep disorders, staging and scoring sleep studies and generating the sleep report, Sleep Medicine & Polysomnography emphasizes the nuts and bolts of sleep medicine taught by experts in the field.
Who should take this course?
- Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and industry representatives, who are new to sleep medicine and seek a comprehensive introduction to the field.
- Experienced or boarded sleep physicians who want a review of the practical aspects of sleep medicine.
Course topics include:
- Overview of normal sleep
- Overview of polysomnography
- Sleep stage and arousal scoring
- Limb movement disorders, recording, and scoring
- Sleep disordered breathing
- CPAP and Bi-Level titration and compliance
- Surgical intervention for sleep disordered breathing
- Upper airway resistance syndrome
- Recording and scoring of respiratory activity
- Narcolepsy, insomnia, and parasomnias
- MSLT/MWT: technique, indication,and interpretation
- Neurological disorders and sleep
- Pediatric sleep disorders
- Patient case presentations
- Legal aspects of sleep service
This course is approved for 26 Category 1 CME
Minimum course enrollment: 10