September 7-8, 2013
This course is developed specifically for nurse practitioners and physician assistants who have 6 months of experience working in sleep medicine or those who have completed the Atlanta School's introductory course Sleep Medicine for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
*Course Curriculum may include:
- Current Issues in Treating Insomnia
- Complex Sleep Disordered Breathing
- Strategies for Dealing with Symptom Augmentation in RLS
- Practical Use of Out of Lab Testing
- Medico-Legal Issues with Drowsy Driving
- Dental Appliance Therapy for Snoring & OSA
- Case-based Tutorials
* The curriculum is subject to change.
Click here to view a sample course agenda
If you would like to learn more about the development of nurse practitioners and physician assistants for a role in sleep medicine read the article written by the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine & Technology's Medical Director, Michael Lacey, MD, D.ABSM in March 2009's Sleep Review magazine.